American Autowire Highway 22 Wiring Kit 500695
Highway 22 Wiring Kit
The Highway Series was developed to handle the most demanding power requirements and accessories. With the Highway Series, you the have the most flexibility in fusebox placement, and the freedom to customize your vehicle however you like. The Highway Series is perfect for street rod wiring, custom jobs, and projects that require more power than other systems can provide. Each Highway Series wiring kit comes with complete, easy to understand instructions to guide you through every step. Steps are divided into individual labeled bags, each containing everything you need to complete the step, keeping you organized and getting you on the road faster.
The Highway 22 Panel packs all of the punch of a high-powered OEM system into a smaller, easy-to-install and extremely compact front loading package. It is extremely versatile for Street Rods, Custom Cars and Kit Cars. The components used in this panel far exceed the power handling capabilities of any other manufacturerâ€™s system. Easy clamp-style system makes adding and removing wires easy! No Terminals! No Crimping! No Screws!
The Highway 22 Complete Wiring Kit includes all the necessary wiring for headlights including: a three position headlight switch; a 40 amp electric fan or fuel pump relay; heavy duty power and accessory expansion; micro-relays for horns and turn signals; an accessory harness for radio, electric wipers, heater, air conditioning, fuel pump, and interior lighting. This kit also contains a floor mounted dimmer switch; an ignition switch that has been designed for either dash or column mounting, and includes all the connectors and terminals. The Highway 22 was designed to promote complete mounting flexibility and creativity in specialty electrical systems.
- Modular wiring system
- 22 power circuits supported through 15 fuses and 1 circuit breaker
- Battery and accessory power tap studs provided for system expansion
- Panel protected with a 175 amp Mega-Fuse junction block with a 8 gauge panel feed wire
- Nylon mechanically secured panel containing secondary push-back locks, has a 7-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ footprint, 3-3/8″ in height, and mounted on a (G10) non-conductive epoxy base
- All power buss bars are constructed of 6 gauge copper
- All wires are constructed from heat resistant (-60F- +275F)
- GXL heavy-wall wire with laser printed circuit identification every 2 inches
- GM color coded wires for ease of installation
- All power circuits wires are 12 gauge constructed
- New front loaded vibration proof self- locking (Hooke19s Law) screw down terminal connection
- Dedicated battery and ignition circuits for electronic fuel injection (EFI) Kit contains 3 relays (Horn, Turn Signal & 40 amp Electric Fan or Fuel Pump)
- Turn signal and hazard flasher circuits provided
- 8 gauge alternator feed wire provided
- The kit is set-up for a GM “SI” internally regulated alternator or GM 1-wire
- Alternator diode is also provided
- Kit includes 3 (In-dash Ignition, Headlight & Alum. Knob and Floor Dimmer) switches
- GM in-column ignition switch connectors provided, along with 3-7/8″ GM steering column connectors with male and female terminals
- Plugs directly most 69-74 GM column and most aftermarket steering columns or use the terminals and connector provided to mate to any column
- Spare circuits available (for power windows, locks, cruise, etc.).
- Engine compartment (oil pressure, water temp, tach, starter, neutral safety, brake switch, ignition switch, distributor (GM HEI or Points), coil, main power and alternator)
- Chassis wiring (fuel pump, electric fan, headlights, running lights, brake lights, 3rd brake lt., directional, license plate, radio, heat & AC, and wipers)
- Full color schematic of overall vehicle wiring along with individual harness subkit instructions for trouble-free installation.
Part Number: 500695
|Dimensions||24 x 18 x 8 in|