Ridetech 1959-1964 Impala Level 2 Air System
1959-1964 Impala Level 2 Air System
Everyone grew up with an old Impala in their family. You also remember the soft, wallowy ride that came with it! Of all the vehicles that we have developed air suspension components for, the early Impalas have shown the most dramatic improvement in both ride quality AND handling performance.
The LEVEL 2 system provides more tuning with the addition of a STRONGARMâ„¢ front kit and the enhanced RideProâ„¢ control system. The front CoolRideÂ® system is a simple bolt-on install that comes with our STRONGARMâ„¢ tubular control arms. The rear STRONGARMâ„¢ system adds more precise control of the rear suspension to provide a better ride and increased handling. The 5 gallon compressor system provides electronic control with the use of RidePro. The digital controller allows 3 air pressure presets to automatically adjust ride height.
RideTech 58-64 Chevy Suspension Design
- Additional caster built into the arm so that the car drivers better, especially at higher speeds.
- The Coolride shock mount is bolt on for an easier installation.
- New billet lower cross shafts.
- RideTech has built in adjustable steering stops for different tire combinations especially if you are running Coolride.
- This is one on the easiest cars to put air ride on.
- The panhard is adjustable so you can optimize your tire clearance at the new lowered height.
- The upper arm for the 59-64 is bent to provide additional clearance of the axle tube.
Shockwave with strong arm upgrade
The ShockWaveÂ® mounts much like a coilover and replaces both the coil spring and the shock absorber. The Shockwave kit bolts in using the existing upper shock mount. (Note: some trimming of your spring pocket may be required)
The Shockwave system will lower the vehicle from the factory ride height and provides the ability to go even lower when not being driven by lowering the air pressure further.
- Unequalled ride quality
- Proven patented sealing technology
- Anodized billet aluminum construction
- Eliminates tire clearance problems
To optimize suspension, our ShockWave system allows the replacement of the factory lower arm with our StrongArm lower control arm which is included in this system (the Level 2 package also includes the upper control arm upgrade).
Handling Quality Shock Series
Shocks are the heart of every suspension system and are the key component in provide ride control to the driver. The Level 2 system includes the upgrade to our Handling Quality Series, single adjustable aluminum shocks, both front and rear.
The HQ shock has an impact forged aluminum body / mono-tube design with adjustable valving. Adjustability Provides More Options for Desired Driving Style and Loads Easy and precise valve adjustment with 26 rebound clicks from soft to firm
(upper and lower included in this package)
StrongArm tubular control arms not only improve suspension geometry and handling, they also make installation even easier. The added benefit when replacing control arms is new bushings and ball joints. No more worn out components.
- Optimized ball joint angle… to ensure no binding during extreme suspension travel
- Black powdercoated…for lasting appearance and protection
- Installed Cross shafts & Ball Joints.. for simple installation
- .219″ wall DOM tubing…for lasting strength and reliability
- Shock mounts swaybar mounts, steering stops are built in…no fabrication needed
- Proper airspring or ShockWaveÂ® placement…component mounts are designed in, not an afterthought
- Proper ball joint selection…we use a compression ball joint in a compression application and a tension ball joint in a tension application (just like the factory engineered it) to prevent failures
- Optimized arm length…makes proper wheel alignment a breeze
- Jig welded…every part is built right, every time
Coolride with strong arm and musclebar upgrade
The CoolRideÂ® system consists of an airspring, a shock absorber, and all of the necessary mounting brackets and hardware. The rear system is very simple to install with the airspring and shock absorber replacing the coil-spring and shock in the stock locations.
Lowers vehicle ride height and provides the ability to go even lower when not being driven by lowering the air pressure further. Improves both handling and ride quality
Pre-engineered mounting hardware to maintain ground clearance, driveline angles, tire clearance and load capacities
Handling Quality Shock Series
- impact forged
- aluminum body
- monotube design
- adjustable valving
- 26 rebound clicks
Adjustability provides more options for desired driving style and loads
Compressor / Control System
We have equipped our Level 2 package with our RidePro compressor system outfitted with two high capacity compressors and a 5 gallon tank.
The RidePro System Features:
- 3 ride height presets with optional “Ride height on start” feature.
- Transflective display uses sunlight to illuminateâ€¦the brighter the sun, the brighter the display.
- Waterproof ECU allows mounting anywhere on vehicle.
- Built in troubleshooting menus provide error codes to alert users of any malfunctions.
- Waterproof threaded M12 wiring harness connectors.
- Optional LevelPro Sensors monitor both air pressure and ride height to eliminate crossloading.
- Mini USB connectors on bottom and back of control panel offer several mounting options.
- Compatible with existing RidePro and other brands of solenoid valves.
- Solid state internal compressor relays eliminate external compressor relays and wiring.