Ridetech 1967-1969 GM F Body StreetGrip System, Small Block
1967-1969 GM F Body StreetGrip System, Small Block
StreetGrip System for 67-69 GM “F” Body, Small Block.
Includes Front Dual Rate Coil Springs, Composite Leaf Springs, Delring Leaf Spring Bushings w/ Shackles, Delrin Front Control Arm Bushings, Front MuscleBar and HQ Series Shocks.
Go to any car gathering in America…for every 18″ wheel, 14″ brake, 600hp LS engine, 6-speed transmission car you see, there are 300 musclecars there with 15″ rally wheels and white letter tires. These hotrodders enjoy their cars every bit as much as any other “race oriented” enthusiast does…but maybe in a different way. The StreetGrip customer likes to fire his car up a couple times a week to drive it to work…make an appearance at the local Cars N Coffee gathering, or maybe just take a weekend cruise. They want it to be smooth, reliable, nimble…and FUN to drive! RideTech has been focused on creating suspension systems that address a wide variety of hotrodders…Street Rods…Sport Trucks…Musclecars…and Racing. We have taken that 20+ years of engineering, racing, and market experience and developed a simple suspension system that is easy to install, rides wonderfully, and provides SERIOUS handling improvements while accommodating that battlefield we call the STREET. The performance criteria for the StreetGrip system is as follows…in order of importance:
- Ride Quality — EVERYONE is concerned about ride quality…ALL the time. If it does not ride good, you’ll never drive it enough to appreciate the good handling!
- Handling — We have optimized the handling characteristics not for competition tires, but for real-world street tires that will see thousands of highway and backroad miles.
- Ease of Installation — No cutting…no welding…no fabrication…no modifications to fuel lines, brake lines, or exhaust. The StreetGrip system is a DIRECT replacement for your OEM suspension components.
- Complete System in One Box — No worries about compatibility of various components…nothing else to buy.
- Price — In the $2000-$2500 range. Right legs and firstborn children not accepted 🙂
We feel that we have met every one of these goals better than anyone has ever done it before!
Suspension System Includes:
Composite Rear Leaf Springs
Why? 70lb weight savings in unsprung weight will improve handling and ride quality. These composite leafs also incorporate more torsional strength so any “spring wrap” is eliminated.
Dual-Rate Coil Springs
Why? A dual-rate spring will allow the vehicle to transition small road irregularities via a compliant spring rate. When the vehicle compresses the spring far enough (through large bumps or cornering), it transitions to the firmer spring rate to control the bump or body roll. This is a common concept in the OEM world to achieve the best combination of ride quality and handling characteristics. It is much less common in the aftermarket because of the time required to calculate and test the various combinations. RideTech and Hyperco have invested this engineering time to make sure we achieve optimum performance.
Delrin Control Arm bushings to fit your OEM control arms
Why? OEM rubber bushings allow too much deflection on the control arms. Poly bushings resist smooth rotation and impose stiction. Delrin bushings eliminate the deflection AND the stiction leading to a huge improvement in both ride quality and handling.
Taller Ball Joints
Why? Most OEM front suspension geometry, in addition to being designed over 50 years ago, induced “positive camber” when cornering (loaded tire leans away from the turn). This is a huge compromise in cornering performance and feel. By installing a taller set of balljoints, we reposition the control arms to correct this condition and create a much more stable and enjoyable driving and cornering experience.
Larger Front Swaybar
Why? Most OEM front swaybars were calibrated with tires and cornering loads that were radically less capable than today. We increase the diameter of the swaybar to minimize the body roll through the corners to optimize the handling performance.
Delrin Swaybar Bushings
Why? Similar to the control arm bushings, OEM rubber swaybar bushings allow too much deflection and poly bushings impose too much stiction. RideTech’s exclusive Delrin-lined poly swaybar bushings offer the best of both worlds…minimal deflection and virtually zero stiction. Ride quality and handling performance are greatly improved.
Adjustable RideTech Monotube Shocks
Why? Shocks are the brains of your suspension…the single most important influence on ride quality and handling performance. RideTech and Fox have spent years refining the subtle valving characteristics of these monotube shocks to optimize the performance of YOUR car!
- Easy to install – direct replacement for factory suspension – no other modifications necessary
- RADICAL improvement to ride quality and handling performance
- Composite rear leaf springs offer linear spring rate and saves 70lbs of unsprung weight!
- Vehicle-specific dual-rate front coilsprings offer the best of both worlds…ride quality AND crisp handling
- Delrin front control arm bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in front suspension
- Tall balljoints dramatically improve OEM camber curve to give your car a much more stable feel through the corners
- Larger front swaybar minimizes unwanted body roll through the corners
- Delrin swaybar bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in the swaybar to improve ride quality and handling performance
- Vehicle-specific RideTech HQ series rebound adjustable shocks offer the ultimate in ride quality and handling performance