Vintage Air 1957 Chevy 4-Vent Gen IV Electronic SureFit Evaporator Kit
1957 Chevy 4-Vent Gen IV Electronic SureFit Evaporator Kit
Vintage Air SUREFIT SERIES – 1957 Chevy 4-Vent Gen IV Electronic SureFit Evaporator Kit Gen IV SureFit System Features:
- Fly-By-Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tube to route.
- Infinite â€œjust right temperatureâ€ air blending
- Infinite blower fan speed adjustment (3-speed fan on â€˜57)
- High volume dehumidified defrost mode
- Separate high capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass Cuprobraze parallel flow heater coil
- Mounts behind the dash
- Uses your factory system controls with our exclusive Electronic Cable Converters
- Flat steel firewall cover panel (Stamped OEM style on â€˜57)
- Our Tri-five Chevy Sure Fit kits include Tite Fit compressor hard lines. Lines are now re-routed through core support and drier mounts behind.These kits may be upgraded to include our polished Tite Fit line kit and our popular polished Proline compressor /alternator bracket.
- If you are using a cross flow radiator see our condenser kit.
- Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included with kits. You must provide pulleys, v-belts and refrigerant.
- If you are retaining the original 265 or 283 V8 engine in your car you may need to upgrade the harmonic balancer and pulleys.You will need to upgrade from the generator to an alternator.
Exclusive molded high volume center plenum vent shown.
Optional 4-duct plenum is also available
A â€œComplete Kitâ€ Or An â€œEvaporatorâ€œ Kit?
You will see two separate part number categories. â€œEvaporatorâ€ kits include: Evaporator and bracket, louvers (when required), duct hose, wiring harness, new controls or Cable Converters, hardware and installation manual. Essentially all the components and accessories for the inside of the vehicle.
The â€œComplete Kitâ€ is just as it sounds and includes: everything above plus – all under hood components such as compressor, engine brackets, condenser with brackets, pre-formed refrigerant lines, drier, fittings, hard- ware and installation manual. We recommend ordering a complete kit for reand optimum performance.
|Dimensions||42 x 14 x 14 in|